ScriptCombining still working 5.1 SP1 - Admin - Advanced -

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:10

ScriptCombining still working 5.1 SP1 - Admin - Advanced - Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Well it's always good to review your old stuff: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/script-combining-a-bad-idea.aspx 

I wanted to check how 5.1 sp1 would work. However I don't seam to get a difference in the amount of scripts delivered if I set the value of ScriptCombining to true or false.

uploaded web.config when setting to true.

Therefore I was wondering what you usually set and if this setting still has any effect.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

No idea how this double posting happened. I usually get an there was an error. Not this time. After publishing I had imediately 2 post and one with 3 views -> See screenshot

markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

As you know there are a lot of variables on this matter. It really depends on what content you have on the page and what scripts and styles it requires. Also the Script combining diminishes the server calls which surely helps server performance.
Also its worth mentioning that each combined .axd file corresponds according to the assembly it refers to. For example if you have content on the page that uses 3 assemblies you will get 3 .axd files with combined scripts from the corresponding assembly in them. 
Another thing to add is that the Script combining can really be sensed by the backend users since the backend uses alot more scripts than an ordinary site.

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed