Issue while Exporting To Excel

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:31

Issue while Exporting To Excel

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello

I have created a Custom widget in which i am trying to export some data into Excel sheet. For this i have used a method to render gridview as html by following the instructions shown in the link below:
http://geekswithblogs.net/AzamSharp/archive/2005/12/21/63843.aspx 

But as our Custom widget is a user control we can not override VerifyRenderingInServerForm () which is a member of Page class.

If i use the code without overriding VerifyRenderingInServerForm() function I get the following error:
"  GridView must be placed inside a form tag with runat=“server”.  "

As there is already a default Form tag in sitefinity. If i try to add server side Form tag using any method i get the following Exception:

" A page can have only one server-side Form tag . 
".

Please suggest anyway to Export data to Excel while using Custom sitefinity widget. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Radhika,

Can you please try the solution suggested in our official RadGrid demos for using the Export to Excel functionality?

It does not need subscription to any of the page-specific methods, but rather would use the the RadGrid API.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if any issues persist.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed