Dynamic modules with one-to-many relationship - Backend disp

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:55

Dynamic modules with one-to-many relationship - Backend display issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2012 00:00

I have created 2 modules using the module builder

Curriculum Categories
Curriculum Documents

Curriculum Categories contains a list of curriculum categories a document can belong to. Each Curriculum Document item contains information about a downloadable document such as its curiculum category, title, description, page count, etc.

I used SF Thunder to create a custom field control and selector using the "Sitefinity Dynamic Items Field Control Selector" template to create the one-to-many relationship between the 2 modules. First, I've gotta say that this is VERY cool.  I had been struggling doing this manually for hours using info from the the various blogs, videos, and docs on the SF site but had no success getting it to work.  Using Thunder, it literally took less than 15 minutes from start to finish.  

So now I have a slick custom selector that allows me to pick which category a document belongs to.  All is working fine except that in the back end, the Curriculum Documents content list shows the category Guid rather than the category name which isn't particularly useful (see attached image).  

Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks -- Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2012 00:00

...hate to be the bearer of bad news...but that's a bug we reported last release :/  I don't know if it's to be fixed for 5.2 or not.

**EDIT**

Oh wait sorry my bad, the GUID bug we reported was for literally taxonomy linking.  However module to module I think it still applys.  You're storing a Guid[] or Guid field with a custom selector.  It doesn't know what the underlying type would be?  Anywho...it's nothing you've done wrong, or can fix yourself.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Glad to here it's not me.  Frustrating part is that the Module Builder forces you to select a "Short text" field for the item "Identifier".  You would think it would display this field instead of a Guid.  Anyway, need to find some work around for this otherwise it's back to creating modules from code.

Thanks--Steve.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2013 00:00

Is this possible yet?

This thread is closed