Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 now project will not build

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:36

Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 now project will not build

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Used the project manager to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1. I then followed the upgrade doc and modified the web.config and added the references. I'm getting 'unknown server tag' errors on some of my user controls in my master pages. I'm not sure what the problem is since these are the only errors in the list.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Can you post the control and error message?
Which server tags are unknown?

Hi,

There shouldn`t be such problem occuring after the upgrade. Unknown server tags is an error producing when for example you use a custom control on a master page and the assembly for this control is not referenced. When upgrading Sitefinity all Sitefinity related assemblies are replaced with their newer versions and then the project is built with the latest assemblies in place.
If you have controls comming from external assemblies make sure those assemblies are still referenced in the bin folder of the project.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

These are user controls, not server controls that reference assemblies. I know there is a build error somewhere but I can't figure out where since these 'unknown server tag' errors are the only ones that appear in the error list.

I did just notice in the output window the following:
OpenAccess unhandled Exception caught: Invalid ObjRef provided to 'Unmarshal'.

Other than this I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem.

I just tried upgrading from a backup and I'm getting the same results. I removed the user controls from the master pages that were throwing errors and now when I rebuild I get the following error:

The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res' threw an exception.    D:\Projects\Trunk\Web\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\App_Master\Home.master    1   

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

I would really appreciate some help with with. Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

Did anyone find a work around or what is causing the error? Could it be something with permissions?

I ended up having to remove all references to the JavascriptEmbedControl and CssEmbedControl in order to get my project to build. Maybe I was missing a reference or it moved but it seems as though these controls are no longer working in 5.1.

That seems like something we might have to do. I'm having issues with some of the assemblies for sure. I'm going to look a little more into my assemblies, see if that's the issue. Keep you posted for future reference.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2012 00:00

Are you opening the project up by going to File>Open>Web Site... ?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I have open the project as a web site and I was able to reproduce the problem on our side. It seems that we have a bug in Sitefinity. I have logged in in our internal bug-tracking system. Hopefully we will be able to provide solution for the incoming releases. Apologies for the inconvenience. You can follow the bug status in PITS on this public URL.

As a workaround what we would suggest you is to open the project from the SitefinityWebApp file as a Sitefinity web application.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2012 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2012 00:00

If you have controls comming from external assemblies make sure those assemblies are still referenced in the bin folder of the project.Replica Handbags And Shoes

This thread is closed