Add classification field to basic user profile

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:40

Add classification field to basic user profile

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,
I'm new to Sitefinity and I'm trying to create a certain functionality in the users profile list widget.
I've added a new custom field in the basic profile of all users, this custom field is a classification field which is intended to classify users based upon their geographic location.
I've created a new classification called "Provinces" and I added few items in it.

My problem is that when I insert users list widget in a page and edit its default template, I'm unable to display the custom field "Province" which should display the province of each user.

Also, I added a classification widget and set it up to display the classification "Provinces" through setting up the taxonomy id attribute and setting the FieldName to "Provinces". However, the widget is not displaying because there is no classification to be displayed!

I tried the same technique for Custom content through the Module Builder and it worked flawlessly. I mean that I created a custom content and added a classification field and I was able to display it in the list and I was able to filter the content through the classification widget.

Am I doing something wrong or this functionality cannot be achieved for user profiles?
Thanks for your kind help in advance...

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2012 00:00

I'm in a similar boat, user profile custom fields are just no where near ready for primetime it seems.  Module builder is way more advanced.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

Just wondering if this is still an issue in v5.4 -- haven't started developing yet (don't want to spin my wheels for nothing) -- but I am in need of this same behaviour. Can classification fields be added to user profiles?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

You have the ability to add classification fields in the backend of Sitefinity in the User profile section. In order to do this you will have to go to Administration > Users > Manage Profile Types and then select the "Basic" type. Under there you will have the UI for specifying custom user profile fields. Classification will be available there. Once you have a custom fields defined you can check out this blog post. The post is specifying how to bind user profile taxons to a RadAutoCompleteBox but you can see there how you would grab the taxon field from the user profile.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed