Unable to install / activatie module builder after upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:40

Unable to install / activatie module builder after upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

I've recently updated my website to version 5.1 (3270). Following the steps like described in the manual (4.4 > 5.0 > 5.1). The problem is my module builder isn't installed correctly and gives the following error message:

The module builders contains 2 active modules and 1 inactive, all build in version 4.4.
Does anyone have any idea how I can fix the module builder again without losing the modules created (and especially the data it's containing).

//Edit:
While digging a little further I found the following line in the systemconfig:

<add version="5.0.2860.0" errorMessage="An item with the same key has already been added." name="ModuleBuilder" />

So I'm guessing it already failed when going to 5.0. Adding the right version number manually...
<add version="5.1.3270.0" name="ModuleBuilder" />
...fixes it partially. I can acces the modules in the backend again on the administrator tab, except when going to the pages under content and selecting the module created results in a object reference error.

I already update all the .dll's from the empty project in case something wasn't copied correctly, but that didn't help.

Thanks,
Rick.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi Sir I have same problem please see attached file thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi,

Please observe following forum thread which you have opened for this issue and where I provided a reply.
We encourage to keep the communication regarding 1 issue to 1 thread.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/unable-to-activate-module-builder-after-upgrade-module-failed

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed