How to copy/duplicate a Sitefinity Form

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:18

How to copy/duplicate a Sitefinity Form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi

We have a site that uses the built in Forms module and we now have a requirement to be able to duplicate forms. 

What I am thinking is that this will have to be done via the Sitefinity API using the following steps
- get the source form, which I can do
- do a deep copy to a new object
- change the title to prove it is a duplicate
- save the changes

The end result should be two forms with the same questions, text blocks, lists of answers to questions etc.

Any suggestions or hints?

Dear David

Please excuse if this question is a dumb one. You are aware that you cannot take 4.1 streight to 5.1, right?

You have to upgrade with releases in between. I guess the way would be:

4.1 -> 4.2 -> 4.4 -> 5.0 -> 5.1  So actually you would have to rund 4 upgrades. Testing after each upgrade would show you were something might break.

Markus

Hi

Sorry, I didn't mention the version we are using. We are running 5.1.3270.0 SE that was started on 5.0. There is no legacy of 4.x in the site.

Cheers,
David

LOL

David I answered in the wrong thread. ROFL Sorry

Markus

Hi

No problem. It was still a good point to make/ask.

Cheers,
David

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

Anyone know if that is a feature in the roadmap?  It should be!      As well as a States drop down and a Countries drop down!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

Yes we do have plans to include this in a future release. Although we have not been able to include in for the upcoming 6.0 , the feature request is in our backlog, you can follow its progress and vote for its popularity here in PITS

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2013 00:00

This is how to do it programatically : 

www.sitefinity.com/.../forms-duplication-in-sitefinity-cms

Thanks SF team for the workaround till this request makes it to the roadmap.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you Markus for sharing my blog post with the community. The feature request has been marked as important for clients and we will make internal discussion about this implementation.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed