Help with using the Kendo library included in Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:18

Help with using the Kendo library included in Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am getting a route handler error when trying to use the Kendo files that are included in Sitefinity.  In my custom widget control I have the resource links setup as follows:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourceLinks" runat="server">
      <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
      <sf:ResourceFile  Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.Kendo.styles.kendo_common_min.css" Static="True" />
      <sf:ResourceFile  Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.Kendo.kendo.all.min.js" Static="true" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>

Here is the error message I am getting:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

This resolver hasn’t been invoked with the proper route handler.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: This resolver hasn’t been invoked with the proper route handler.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: This resolver hasn’t been invoked with the proper route handler.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.PageResolverBase.GetRequestedPageNode(RequestContext& requestContext) +310
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityPageResolver.Open(PathDefinition definition, String virtualPath) +58
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.VirtualPathManager.OpenFile(String virtualPath) +231
   System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteVirtualFile(VirtualFile vf) +46
   System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequestForNonMapPathBasedVirtualFile(HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, String overrideVirtualPath) +308
   System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpContext context, String overrideVirtualPath) +131
   System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +408
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +359

Are there any other steps I need to complete in order to use embedded resources from the Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources assembly?

Also, I am using Sitefinity version 5.13450.0

Thanks,

Randy

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2013 00:00

Same problem for me in SF6. Did you manage to resolve this?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

I tested this on 5.4 and 6.0 and the resources seem to be properly loaded on the page. Are there any specifics connected with your widget or your project that might be causing the issue? Could you please try to reproduce it on e clean project and send us the exact steps, as we cannot reproduce it.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed