strange url in localhost after updating to claims-based auth

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:44

strange url in localhost after updating to claims-based authentication

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2012 00:00

After I updated my Sitefinity project to claims-based authentication, when I run it in debug mode from visual studio on localhost, I get a strange guid-type string in my urls that prefixes the site root, for example:
localhost:49471/.../Sitefinity
for the CMS backend.  I am also getting strange 12030 errors when I do things like modify a page, and the logs tell me that sitefinity can't find the file, eg:
10/08/2012 08:39:06
Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Source : System.Web
Help link :
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Boolean ProcessRequestForNonMapPathBasedVirtualFile(System.Web.HttpRequest, System.Web.HttpResponse, System.String)
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequestForNonMapPathBasedVirtualFile(HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, String overrideVirtualPath)
   at System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpContext context, String overrideVirtualPath)
   at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I think these two problems are related, but has anyone else experienced something like this?  Do you know how to get rid of the guid - structures in the url?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2012 00:00

I found the solution, which was in my web.config
I copied down some settings from a site that worked and one of these settings was under System.Webserver:

(add the xml < and /> tags which seem to cause an internal error on this forum)

urlCompression doDynamicCompression="true" doStaticCompression="true" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false"

Hope it is of use to someone else

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

Update:  It seems this was in fact caused by sessionState cookieless="true" in the web.config.  Removing it from the config file if it exists or changing the
attribute value from “true” to “false” will sort out the issue. Setting the
value to “true” means the ASP.Net has to figure out a way to keep track of the
session state and it chooses to do this by saving a unique id within the URL of
the website.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am glad to hear the you have managed to find what is causing the problem and thank you for sharing this information with the community.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed