Search results filtered by current culture - V5

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:29

Search results filtered by current culture - V5

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi. I have been trying in vain to find the answers to my question regarding localized search results. I have a site that will support multiple languages but I am running into some issues and I hope by asking directly I can get some good information. We are running Sitefinity version 5.0.2860.0 and I am attempting to filter search results based on the current culture.

Currently we are implementing two cultures with more to come. The default culture is en and we also have en-GB enabled. When I perform a search on the US site (en) I receive results for both en and en-GB. When I perform a search on the en-GB site I get no results at all. I am using the standard SiteFinity search controls in my templates.

I have seen this approach (see link) to filtering search results from Ivan on older versions but Sitefinity has changed quite a bit since then and I am having trouble translating this to version 5. 

www.sitefinity.com/.../localized-search-results 

I'm pretty comfortable with building user controls and setting the search results template etc from within Sitefinity but can someone please assist me with a rundown of how to filter search results by the current culture? After several days of searching I am coming up short of the answers and our client needs this functionality within the next couple of days. I'm hoping a Sitefinity representative can assist.

Thank you in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Did you ever find a solution for this?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

This functionality is available out of the box since version 5.1 3450.

The search results are returned only for language of the page which you are using when searching. Result from the other cultures are not returned. There is no need to make some custom implementations. You could simply upgrade your project using our upgrade documentation.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed