Custom membership provider

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:50

Custom membership provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm developing my first Sitefinity site using version 5.1 and have come across a problem that is probably really simple to sort out, but I can't figure it out...

I ahve created a custom membership provider for the front end as all of the users are stored in a seperate database from sitefinity. As part of this I've created a custom login form and in web.config I've set this as the loginURL for forms authentication. My LoginStatus control sends me to this form when I'm not logged in, which is what I'd expect it to do.

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="lflogin" loginUrl="~/login" timeout="120" slidingExpiration="false"/>
</authentication>

I've also added a number of authroization nodes to the web.config to prevent unauthorized access to sections of the site. Unfortnuately, when I try to access these sections, I'm being redirected to the main Sitefinity CMS login form, not my custom form.

<location path="order">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

I've tried switching the CMS authentication to Forms based, instead of Claims, and now I'm getting an Access is Denied 401.2 error message, instead of the redirect to the login form.

Has anyone experienced this before? Do you have a solution?

Thanks,
Mark

This thread is closed