Module Builder Questions

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:25

Module Builder Questions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2012 00:00

I have some questions about the Module Builder and it's functionality.

1. I want to create a parent content type that has multiple children.  So far, I've only been able to create a parent with only one child.  Is this by design that a parent can only have one child?  If not, how do I do this?
  2. Is it possible to create a child of 'news' or 'events' or any of the native content types?
  3. I have created a parent type 'Athletic Event'.  I want to have 'Baseball Events', 'Football Events', 'Basketball Events'... as children.  So far, I've only been able to set one child of 'Athletic Event' (Baseball Event), the others are required to be parents.  Then, in the widget that is created in the front end, there is no way to enter a 'Baseball Event'.  I can only create content of the parent types.  How would I enter content of child type?  What is the correct way to do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2012 00:00

Are you sure this is the way you want to structure it?  See attached, I think this perhaps is how it should be structured (import the module...backup your DB first)

Video:
screencast.com/.../iBxU3e0Vwp

Is that what you need?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

Not exactly.  The issue that I'm having is not the structure, it's that I can only create one child of the parent.  Can you do a screencast on adding multiple child items?  The reason that I want to do that is because I am going to be creating a custom workflow for editing purposes.  For example, some users can only post baseball events or football events, but not both.  

I think you will have to organise your data with a single child type, as Sitefinity only supports a single child content type for any given parent content type. 

Another way to do it might be not to have a hierarchy at all, but just create a field 'EventType' of type "Choices" and create "Basketball" and "Football" choices. 

You could then create pages that list, edit and add only events of each type, and manage page permissions accordingly....

Thanks.  That's what I was thinking.

This thread is closed