Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:29

Customze Navigation Menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

I want SiteFinity Navigation Menu to generate following output:

<div id="nav">
<ul class="menu">
        <li class="menutop menu1"><a href="/tickets" id="tickets" class="menutoplink"><span>Tickets</span>        
          <ul class="menusub">
            <li><a href="/tickets/overview/singletickets.aspx">Single Tickets</a></li>
            <li><a href="/tickets/overview/subscriptionservices.aspx">Subscriptions</a></li>
          </ul>
        </li>
        <li class="menutop menu2"><a href="/plays" id="plays" class="menutoplink"><span>Plays</span></a>      
         <ul class="menusub">
            <li><a href="/plays/1213seasonataglance.aspx">Season at a Glance</a></li>
            <li><a href="/plays/overview/segerstromstage.aspx">Segerstrom Stage</a></li>
         </ul>
        </li>        
</ul>
</div>

It is important to surround navigation menu with Div so that styles can be applied. Suggest how it can be done?

As of now I'm not able to override/remove the default styling of menu and classes applies to it.
Should I have to develop custom navigation or I can provide path to custom layout control?

Please provide links for any resources available. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello Nilesh,

Thank you for using Sitefinity!

Take a look at this blog post detailing how to design, theme, and apply a custom navigation template to Sitefinity. It should answer all your questions and it's luckily a fairly simple process once you get the hang of it!

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

All the best,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

Nilesh,

Around here, we use a custom solution for navigation; it's called CleanNav. It's allows quite a bit of customization and produces mark up that's quite similar to what you're looking for.

If this answer was helpful, please click the "Mark as Featured" link in the top right corner of the post.

This thread is closed