Dropbox Provider Setup

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:13

Dropbox Provider Setup

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2012 00:00

Where's the documentation for the dropbox provider setup?

I was able to create the app and copy over the keys, but what should I be using as the provider, and why are the choices database\filesystem

I guess the question is, how does this all work?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Let me outline the steps you need to take to set your project successfully with the Dropbox provider.

1. You need to create DropBox app. The link for creating your DropBox app is located under Administration -> Settings -> Dropbox.

2. After the app has been created in DropBox you need to register it in Sitefinity. The fields need to be as follows:

Application Name: your application name
Consumer Key: this is the App key from DropBox
Consumer Secret: this is the App secret from DropBox
Libraries Provider: this is the provider used for the Libraries module in Sitefinity, by default this is: OpenAccessDataProvider
Type of content: The type of content that is going to be used
StorageProvider: The storage provider that is going to be used ( by default there are only two providers, the default one and the FileSystem provider ).

3. After the application has been set correctly, you can ahead and upload a file in a documents folder. The item will be synced properly with the app and your account.

4. You can modify the SyncInterval ( if you upload a file in Dropbox ) of Sitefinity by navigating to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Dropbox

I have attached detailed screenshots of the above steps and notes.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed