Widget Building Advice

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:51

Widget Building Advice

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2012 00:00

Ok, so I need a little guidance. I am fairly new to sitefinity, but I'm not for sure where to go to modify some of the content i need. Attached is a couple of images that show what I'm wanting to do. image1.JPG shows a box with a title a small list of links. I was able to create a widget that styled the way I wanted (image2.JPG), however I cannot figure out how to get a list of links to be populated in the content of the box. The links could be external or internal to the site. it's basically a navigation control... but not sure how to go about setting the links. 

thanks for any help you can provide!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2012 00:00

anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2012 00:00

It would help to know where you would like to save the links. Will you be saving them in a custom module? Or will you just store them all in a richtext box?

Do you have a fixed number of links or is it variable?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2012 00:00

When you say "create a widget", did you make a "custom widget with Designer" in Visual Studio using Sitefinity Thunder?

Or how exactly did you create this widget?  As per Dan's post, please provide more info for us to help.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Exchange,

What you could do is create a custom template for the navigation widget. Then use the Navigation Widget from the toolbox to select some pages you want to appear as a link. Maybe some hidden pages under a group inside your sitemap.

Then use the custom template to style things e.g. build a wrapper around it.

It think that is the most easiest solution.

You could also try to create a custom widget with a designer that has the ability to select one or more pages, but in my opinion that is more complex.

Regards,
Daniel

This thread is closed