Running Sitefinity as a Web Application rather than website?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:34

Running Sitefinity as a Web Application rather than website?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues running Sitefinity as a web application in a site, rather than running it as just the website? for example we have the following:
company.web <- this is a site in IIS
            |
             -----> Web    <- this is a web application that maps to the sitefinity web directory.

The reason we are setting it up like this is because we have to put a reverse proxy in front and having it sit as a web application means we can reverse proxy all requests that have /web in it.

Cheers,
Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2012 00:00

Hey Joel,

I always test locally with an iis running as localhost.telerik.com and underneath the different versions like localhost.telerik.com/sfv523700/ and it works quite well, sometimes (all though I haven't verified or actually tested it) I get the distinct feeling it runs faster as a web app.

Local development I run in a similar setup and it keeps me on my toes regarding absolute urls etc. so as far as I can tell, green lights all across the board.... and then you suddenly see that tiny red blinking one where multiple urls don't always allow ~/ in the pathname :)

Jochem.

This thread is closed