Re: "Using the ASP.NET Sql Membership Provider in Sitef

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:27

Re: "Using the ASP.NET Sql Membership Provider in Sitefinity"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2012 00:00

I'm trying to implement "Using the ASP.NET Sql Membership Provider in Sitefinity" from www.sitefinity.com/.../using_the_asp_net_sql_membership_provider_in_sitefinity.

I'm not seeing any changes in my instance of Sitefinity - the screen shot from the blog post shows multiple providers under the Users section, that isn't happening for me.

Does this work in 5.x sites?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Elizabeth,

Your version of Sitefinity is not the problem here. Maybe something went wrong during the whole process which prevents the provider from showing. Most of the steps in the blog post are related to working with data in that provider. The only one that could have caused it to disappear is the one where you register it in web.config.

Please double check that the code from the blog post is present in your web.config (with the correct connection to your database). Then restart the application and if it still does not appear, send us the log files from the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder. There may have been an error that caused the provider to disappear.

Greetings,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

This needs to be in the web.config file? Not DataConfig.config?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

I see the new membership provider after I put the connection string in the web.config. Is there a way to have it work with the connection string in the DataConfig.config?

I'm trying out the various user and login widgets with the new provider. I'm able to use the Registration wideget, but only if I don't have it add the new users to a role. If I try to have new users default to a role, I get the error "You are trying to access item that no longer exists."

Server Error in '/' Application.
You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.SitefinityExceptions.ItemNotFoundException: You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[ItemNotFoundException: You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.]
DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessRoleProvider_72b8f51d65f540d8976a0fdc2ee1a4d1.GetRole(Guid id) +413
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.RoleManager.GetRole(Guid id) +57
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.AssignRolesToUser(User user) +537
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.RegisterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +539
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Elizabeth,

Putting the connection string in web.config is a requirement for using additional providers. The DataConfig.config file is only understood by Sitefinity and it has a slightly different format for its own providers. Following the procedure from the blog post, you are making sure that any ASP.NET provider is mapped to Sitefinity, but moving the connection string is a requirement.

As for the Registration widget - are you using the Sitefinity Registration widget available in the toolbox, or a regular ASP.NET one?

All the best,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed