Creating Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:20

Creating Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Team Sitefinity,

I need a link to appear under contents in admin. This link should take the user to some external page. How can I acheive this?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Hi Siddesh,

You create a redirect page in the Backend Pages section of the site. In order to access it, navigate to Administration -> Backend pages and create your page, which you can set to redirect to an external source.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor,

Thanks for ur reply. I added a page but it doesnt seems to appear in the menu at top.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Siddesh,

I have dug deeper and found out that the behaviour you are encountering is actually a bug when having a redirect page under a group page ( such as the content group page ). We have a PITS item that was previously created.

As a workaround I can suggest you to put the redirect page outside the group page, or create a standard Sitefinity page, create a codebehind file for it and perform a Response.Redirect action in the code behind to the external page.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed