How to map shared Content Blocks to pages in 5.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:37

How to map shared Content Blocks to pages in 5.2?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I just Migrated my 3.7 website to 5.2 Website, but I noticed that the Generic Content in 3.7 Project have been converted to Shared Content blocks in 5.2. And most importantly not all (only few are likned to pages, i.e., Used in pages column has "Not used" value).

I searched a lot but couldn't find any way to map these blocks to the pages as they were in 3.7 Project.

However, I was trying to follow tutorial:

But I didn't see any option such as "Select from existing shared content button" in Edit Template mode, I get this option in Edit page mode & when I set the Content by selecting the existing Content it's not displayed in View mode, but it's displayed in edit mode.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Ashish,

At the moment shared content blocks are not available on page templates by design as there are some complications connected with performance and a support of content blocks on page templates.

There is also a workaround to make shared content available in page templates as described here , however it is not officially supported so if you encounter something not working right it is because of forcing the select shared content button to show up.

You can also find the following forum thread useful as it discusses the same topic:

www.sitefinity.com/.../shared-content-in-page-templates

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info. I tried to use the solution mentioned in the tutorial. But that shows the Shared Content in the Edit/Preview mode only, not in Live website.
Also my website's SiteMenu is not displaying in published site (though the same is displayed when I Edit or preview the page or template).

For Shared content blocks, I put the HTML in the Master page file & that displayed. But What should I do to display the Navigation Menu on the top (Site Menu), I tried using the default Navigation provided, but that is not displayed.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello,

You can check the permissions for the control, because most probably they are set for administrators only - therefore you see the control only when logged in. However, as previously noted, if you use the workaround provided in the other forum thread, you may have to contact the user that created it as it is not officially supported.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

I set the View Permission for everyone, but still the Navigation Menu (Added in the Template) is not displaying on normal page, Is there any other setting I need to do?

Plz. help.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Amit,

Have you tried re-creating the page template ( actually duplicating it ) to verify whether the behaviour is present on all templates or just his one in particular?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed