Web services

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:42

Web services

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

I am trying to consume a web service within a sitefinity installation.

This seems much harder than it needs to be.

I added the reference to the service no problem, named the service reference the same as I did in a project outside of sitefinity.

It puts all the files for the reference in the Service_References folder however in a custom control trying to declare the using bondDataReference (the name of the reference) It has no idea what this is.

I have searched and searched and have gotten nothing on this.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,

Do you want to post some of your example code so I can take a look? Also have a peek at the documentation here about RESTful WCF services in SF and this blog post which also outlines getting started with web services in SF. The latter comes with some example code. For the sake of all options being covered here is a forum post that discusses consuming web services in Sitefinity.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

The service reference is called bondData

using it outside of sitefinity I would simply do the following in the codebehind of the user control

using bondData;

private void GetBondPrice()

// store the string returns of the service into a local instance of bondData
        bondData thisData = new bondData();
        string[] newData = thisData.getBondData(1, "", "", "");
        // Now worth with the string array
       double price = double.Parse(newData[1]);
        double closePrice = double.Parse(newData[9]);
etc........

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,

Was the set of documentation I sent you not of any help? It does discuss how to consume web services in Sitefinity. Please make sure you're setting up your services as they do in this blog post. Additionally check out this post which discusses using claims based authentication (what Sitefinity uses) in calling your web services.

Kind regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2015 00:00

I am trying to add a service reference to my project and after configuring the settings for which service I would like to add Visual Studio hangs for about 30+ minutes before adding the
service reference. After the service has been added I then  inspected the
service reference in the object browser and I notice every time that there is
no namespace available to the service reference it just says SitefinityWebApp
as its namespace. I am confused why this is happening, is there something going
on with Sitefinity were the namespaces are routed thus losing the namespace for
the service reference?

How do I properly add a service
reference to Sitefinity? I have done this in the past with local services or
services belonging to a different project with in the same solution. And I
would like to add I am not new to adding services either.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello all,

@Brian,

The proper way to add a service in Sitefinity is described here. Please go through the instructions and match them depending on your scenario.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2016 00:00

Ivan,

I have followed the link you have referenced. My results are different.

1. No files were added to the app_code folder (in fact my whole project doesn't contain one)

2.  This is what i have inside my svc file

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Runtime.Serialization;
using System.ServiceModel;
using System.Text;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.Sitefinity.Services

// NOTE: You can use the "Rename" command on the "Refactor" menu to change the class name "PaWebSerives" in code, svc and config file together.
    // NOTE: In order to launch WCF Test Client for testing this service, please select PaWebSerives.svc or PaWebSerives.svc.cs at the Solution Explorer and start debugging.
    public class PaWebSerives : IPaWebSerives

public void DoWork()

Further what do i need to do from here?

This thread is closed