Seperated login systems for frontend and backend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:09

Seperated login systems for frontend and backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

I'm new to Sitefinity. I started to set up a new project to migrate our solution to Sitefinity CMS. Now I have the following question:

Since our solution is containing multiple sites and services, I want to start migration step by step. Therefor I need to maintain our existing login system (using formsauthentication).
But, besides I want to use the Sitefinity claims based login system to login to the backend. Is it possible to run this two types (thus with different user databases) together? 

Kind regards,
Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Jochem,

Sitefinity can be set to use either claims or forms based authentication, but not both at the same time. The authentication mechanisms are quite different and in general they can't be set up to work in parallel.

There are options in your case, though - you can start with forms based authentication and switch to claims at any point in the future after your migration is done.

Bear in mind that Sitefinity can work with multiple user membership providers, i.e. you can connect it to multiple user data repositories at the same time. This is not affected by the authentication type you choose.

Feel free to get in touch with your go-to person from the Sitefinity team and discuss the options in further detail. It would help if you provided more details for the scenario you're envisioning using Sitefinity in.

Greetings,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed