Site Search of all Content on pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:23

Site Search of all Content on pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi there,
Can someone pint me in the right direction for a site wide search for version 5.2? We are using lists (Lists Module) for content on a few pages. However, when setting the search to index "lists" it asks for a specific page.  This really isn't practical.
I haven't been able to wrap my head around the new search after 3.7.  Is there someone that created a custom control or code out there to do this?  Or do you use a new provider? I can't seem to find in the forums something on this, sorry.

Thanks for any information!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Laura,

The page is needed in order the links in the search results to be made and working correctly. If there is no page, there will not be links available in the search results.

If you want to create a search index, which does not have a specific page for List you need to create a custom search pipe and implement your logic there. Then you need to register this custom pipe. More information about registering custom pipes can be found on the following URL. There is also a section in our documentation that might be useful.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Thank you.  I was figuring that was what i needed to do. Thank you for heading me in the right direction!

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Laura,

I am glad to hear that the information was useful.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed