Ajax Manager and Ajax Proxy

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:52

Ajax Manager and Ajax Proxy

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

I have a user control that users the AjaxManagerProxy in it and tries to reference the RadAjaxManager that is in the masterpage template

However instead of ajax updates I get hard post backs.

Anything I am missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,

Thank you for using our services.

Actually, I would suggest you to use our SitefinityUpdatePanel when performing partial updates on the page. Please review this blog post for further reference:
www.sitefinity.com/.../using_update_panel_in_sitefinity_-_part_2

All the best,
Jen Peleva
The Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

The link you sent contains a comment that says this doesn't work. so does it indeed work?

Also why can't I use controls built by you guys in the way they were intended in a system designed by you guys as well?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Rick,

Please excuse us for the delayed response.

Can you please give us an example of the control that is currently not working on the Sitefinity page, so we can give you a more specific advice.

Please note that a Sitefinity page's lifecycle differs a bit from the standard .NET page lifecycle, thus we have developed the out of the box SitefinityUpdatePanel control, to accommodate users' needs to easily implement partial page updates. The only case this would not work is if you are trying to use it withing the context of  a control inheriting from our SimpleView class, where the standard .NET UpdatePanel is recommended instead.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if any issues persist.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2012 00:00

I tried adjusting the user control to use a telerik:RadAjaxPanel and it is still posting a full page post back.

Should I be checking include script manager on the page or should I be including it in my master?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Rick,

Do you have Include RadScriptManager  and Enable ViewState checked form your page's Title and properties section?

We have tried the provided example and it results in the same working behavior, please find attached a short demonstrative video and a copy of the control used in it.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed