How to create Gridview control from new data fields ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:16

How to create Gridview control from new data fields ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Sitefinity Team,

I want to create one gridview control at backend which displays download information of one of List Module. It has a fields like [Downloaded datetime],[UserName (logged in)], [ListItemName], [ListItemId], [ListItemCategory] etc.

I've read through widgets, modules. Kindly suggest the preferable solution to implement such kind of fuctionality.

- What to prefere, for the new content type and getting displayed into control ?
-can i utilize List module for this. like creating List, and datafields into it...change it's widget templates. but it seems, i don't have a control this on codebehind if there is any business logic.

Please suggest.

thanks,
palak

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

The easiest way to do this is with module builder - create a new module with exactly those fields that you need. Then you can use this module everywhere and track what you want in it.

Here you may find more information:

www.sitefinity.com/.../building_real-world_modules_with_sitefinity_rsquo_s_new_module_builder

www.sitefinity.com/.../retrieving_data_from_dynamic_modules_using_the_module_builder_api

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed