Where I can modify TaxonomiesSection for UploadDocuments??

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:19

Where I can modify TaxonomiesSection for UploadDocuments??

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2012 00:00

In Settings - Advanced - Libraries tree, I cannot find TaxonomiesSection for UploadDocuments page. I would like to set Categories and tags section to be expanded.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for using our services.

I observed this behavior, and indeed, the taxonomies section is not available in the configurations. However, one thing you can do is change the default backend theme. Since currently the css property display: none; is set to the Taxonomies section, you can simply declare display: block in your new backend theme. This should be enough to make the section visible. The only possible way to extend the styles of the backend theme is to use the default backend theme (located in a .zip file in the SDK) and add your styles to it. Then register it as a Custom backend theme in Administration -> Settings -> Appearance (as you properly pointed out). If the changes you want to introduce to the theme are minor, you can also add styles with a css widget on the backend pages.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2012 00:00

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2013 00:00

Could you please give me more details to edit backend template? Which tree section hides its taxonomies section for upload images/documents???

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Jae Hong,

Please observe the attached image. This is the div, which is currently hidden. If you declare display: block to it, this will make it visible.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2013 00:00

Thank you for the answer; however, that is not the one I want to edit. (I may give you confusion)

My category tree as below:

Root

- Documents

- Images

- News

In Settings - Advanced, I already setup each content controls' Root taxon ID (Insert, Edit, bulkEdit) to it's category ID. (see attach)

My question is how to setup Root taxon ID for Upload Image and Documents ?? I could not find upload image document configuration section ....

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Jae Hong,

Since the UploadDialog doesn't have definitions, exposed in the Configurations section of Sitefinity, you would have to ma its template to set the Root TaxonID of the Categories selector. I have attached below a modified template, where in the code-behind on the OnPrerender event we do the following:

protected override void OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

base.OnPreRender(e);
            var taxonomyControl = this.FindControl("taxonomiesSelector") as SectionControl;
            foreach (var fieldDefinition in taxonomyControl.Fields)

if (fieldDefinition.GetType() == typeof(HierarchicalTaxonFieldDefinition) && fieldDefinition.Title == "Custom taxonomy1")

var categorySelector = (HierarchicalTaxonFieldDefinition)fieldDefinition;
                    categorySelector.RootTaxonID = new Guid("1c1241c3-8bf1-6570-800f-ff00002d8424");

else if (fieldDefinition.GetType() == typeof(HierarchicalTaxonFieldDefinition) && fieldDefinition.Title == "Custom taxonomy2")

We get the Section control, which represents the Taxonomies selector and depending on the type of the taxonomy we set rootTaxon id to the category selector. To map the template, navigate to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Controls -> ViewMap and make the following ViewPam instance:

HostType
Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.UploadDialog

LayoutTemplatePath
~/TestPages/UploadDialogCustom.ascx Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed