Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:25

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

I am new to Sitefinity. I am starting to integrate a static HTML template into a Sitefinity template. I stripped down the HTML of the old site's existing home page template. I copied over the the asp tags with the content areas, but then I get the following error when I try to access the published stage site. Note that I can use "preview" links from the Sitefinity admin and see the page just fine.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during
the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.AddRequiredControls(Page page, PageSiteNode data) +290
System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +104
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +132
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean
includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1969

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

There seems to be something wrong with template. Can you share its actual code?

Greetings,
Boyko Karadzhov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed