Sitefinity 5 and Compiled MVC Widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:33

Sitefinity 5 and Compiled MVC Widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

I'm a long-time web developer but new to Sitefinity. I've been going through the extensive tutorials and docs online. However, I have a question about widgets/modules that I couldn't find the answer to.

I'm looking to put together an MVC Sitefinity module. I have an existing MVC application that I'd like to port over to using the Sitefinity module architecture. The module will be distributed to clients running Sitefinity on their own servers. 

According to this link there are two kinds of modules you can make when using ASP.NET WebForms, the Simple and the Compiled. (Unfortunately I haven't been able to find an example of a compiled module online but I trust that it's doable.) My question is:

With the additional of MVC support to the platform, does Sitefinity also support compiled ASP.NET MVC modules? If so, are there any examples of this? 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you fro contacting Telerik Support.

Unfortunately we don't support compiled ASP.NET MVC Modules. All MVC artifacts in Sitefinity should be stored under the Mvc folder. Everything under that folder has the same naming convention as in a new MVC project. Controllers, Views and Models are each in their respective sub folders.

Please take a look at this help article and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed