Copying Site on same server

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:08

Copying Site on same server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

We are trying to copy the production site to a "playground" site on the production server.
I have copied the site files to a new project directory, copied the database, updated the Project.config and Data.config to the new project and database name.  I have updated the sf_page_node.app_name to the new project name as well.
The "playground" site is working.  I can load the dashboard and browse back end pages.  

When i attempt to create a new page using the custom template created on the original site, i get an error stating "There is no template with ID xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx".  When i look in the sf_page_templates table the template exists with the id given in the error message.

If i cancel out of the page creation and go back to create page i get, "You cannot save your changes, becase a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again".  This happens regardless of the page name's uniqueness.

I am at my wits end. Please help.

Mark Fay

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Mark,

Thanks for using Sitefinity!

Please try to remove and re-add your templates. They are using master pages correct? Also why did you change the project name?

Thanks!

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

There are no templates in the project.

We would like to have on the same servers (IIS & SQL) a mirror of a project.

This would allow for developing against the live code base, without introducing instabilities in the live site.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

@Mark

"I have updated the sf_page_node.app_name to the new project name as well"

You shouldn't need to do this at all, perhaps that's where it's coming from.  I've mirrored lots of sites, and pulled prod local, pushed live, etc etc.

The only thing you need to change is the data.config...and make sure the "playground" site in IIS points at the playground folder.

This thread is closed