Best practice for creating brand new Sitefinity installation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:06

Best practice for creating brand new Sitefinity installation from a development machine

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2012 00:00

I installed the whole Sitefinity SDK today. When creating a new project in Visual Studio, the only Telerik template available to me is "Sitefinity Website Templates," and that doesn't have any DLL references or anything I'm interested in after I create it.  I thought there was supposed to be a Sitefinity Module project type, and maybe another one too. I don't see them.

Anyway, what is the correct way to create a new Sitefinity project, starting on my development machine? The Sitefinity installer created a sample site. It has a project file sitting in its folder. I could just open that - is that the correct way?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

Sitefinity is asp.net application and to create new project download sitefinity project manager from your account and cretate new project (its created as asp.net web application, can also be opened as asp.net website if needed). Start sitefinity application either with visual studio development server ot configure it to run on IIS .

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed