How can you create an Event with multiple dates and/or times

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:47

How can you create an Event with multiple dates and/or times & locations?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2012 00:00

I haven't been able to find anything on creating an event with multiple dates and times. Say I have an event that is on Monday January 21st at 10am and its also on Tuesday at 2pm, as well as on Friday at 7pm. Is there any way to do this? Also what if the event is at one location on Monday and then another on Tuesday? 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Richard,

Depending on how extensible you want your events module to be it may be wise to create a custom module using the Module builder in Administration > Module Builder. It will provide you with the templates and code examples necessary to quickly build a workable solution for this sort of advanced events system. Alternatively you can add additional fields to the current events module under Events > Custom Fields for Events (on the right hand side).

Our current event system is designed to facilitate single events and considers those with alternative dates and locations to be separate events. You can find an example of extending for recurring events here.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed