Creating Complex install able custom module using Module bui

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:22

Creating Complex install able custom module using Module builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello.

I am using Sitefinity 5.1. I need to create a complex custom module like Forums module. The module  needs to be istallable so that i can reuse the module in future. Is it possible to create such complex module (that can be installed on other sites) using module builder? 

If yes then please suggest some steps for that.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Jagjot,

You can create these complex modules with the module builder. You can define 1 or more content types within one module with relations between them. You could also use the Guid field or the Array of Guid field to create 1-n or n-n relations.

Use Sitefinity Thunder to create selector fields to have some control on the relations from the UI.

You can use the export functionality to export the scheme or data to reuse the definitions you made in a new project.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Can we create a way to install the front end controls related to custom module while installing the custom module created using module builder?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

At the moment there isn't a simple way to install a module with all of its dependencies into a Sitefinity project. There is import and export of the module but that's all. for anything else a custom solution is needed. We are planing to add similar features for the Module Builder but I can't promise anything at the moment. I have logged a feature request for you so feel free to vote for it to increase its priority.

All the best,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed