Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with th

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:24

Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2013 00:00

I'm seen previous postings with this issue, but none of them seem to address what's going on for me.

I'm getting the error on a new development installation.  I've made sure the projectname matches the one in dbo.sf_page_node (the one difference is the app_name there is "Test/" and in the ProjectConfig.config file it is "Test" , but changing this doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've duplicated the databases locally, and made sure that all permissions were correctly moved over.  I don't think it could be a database connection since the DB is running locally.

Can someone help with what might be going on here?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Tim,

There are several reasons for that error, mainly concerning how your system configuration files are communicating with your database server. All those reasons and the different resolutions of that issue are explained in this post. Please have a look at it as it contains valuable information about the exception.

However based on what we have seen so far, I think that the website has created the dbo tables ( which are empty ) most probably because the user that you have to manage the SQL server is not owner of the custom schema you have applied. Can you verify the last suggestion as based on your information, your project should be set correct already.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed