Custom module extension in Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:47

Custom module extension in Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi every,

I have been using Sitefinity for just 1 month and i found that it is a really nice CMS, especially with Module Builder, we can build custom content type very easily. But by using Module Builder to create new custom module, the CMS just made a few changes in some configuration files but not generating any code file. So i wonder how can we customize it for example, change the look and feel of back-end, front-end pages, create some complex data input check before publishing new content item, ...

Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello, Anh!
The basic tasks can be performed by changing the module widgets.

You can change the screens a bit in order to achieve simple functionality. Ther module builder also
provides a way to set some validation. Here is a good place to start:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/website-content/creating-and-using-custom-modules/editing-the-module-and-the-module-screens

Complex logic needs some development. Checkout the Sitefinity documentation for more info on this.

We will soon start our blogs (http://eveliko.com) where there will be some walkthroughs on how to perform some end user tasks with Sitefinity so be sure to check us out the next week.

Disclaimer: eVeliko is not connected to Telerik in any way other than being a partner and a publisher to Telerik's marketplace.
Mentioning this to let you know that by saying "we" I refer to eVeliko.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

Additionally you can check the Code reference generated by Sitefinity after you have created your custom module. In order to do that go to Administration->Module Builder->Your Module->Code reference for Your module in the top-right.

I believe you will also find our online resources useful and more specifically you can check the Blogs archive for more information. You can also explore Sitefinity SDK's Bug Tracker which is built using the Module builder.

Kind regards,

Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed