Modifying Blog Posts to allow file uploading

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:15

Modifying Blog Posts to allow file uploading

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to Sitefinity and am currently working with Sitefinity 5.1. I am trying to add a custom field to the Blog Posts Content Type to allow a user to use the file selector control to upload a file along with their blog post. Does anyone know how, or even if that functionality is available? If anyone could get back to me I would greatly appreciate it. 

Gianluca

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Gianluca,

At the moment we do not have a sample on how to upload a file ( for example a document ) to a module because this is not implemented as a definition element in the Sitefinity module.

To upload a document refer to this sample that can either be added as a new custom field that will select the document or it can be integrated to the module and used as definition element that will select a document.

In the selector change the services to use document selector service

<sf:MediaContentSelectorView

CssClass="sfContentViews imageSelector"
                    id="leftSlideLogoImageSelector"
                    runat="server"
                    ContentType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Document
                    ParentType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.DocumentLibrary
                    LibraryBinderServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/AlbumService.svc/"
                    MediaContentBinderServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/ImageService.svc/"
                    MediaContentItemsListDescriptionTemplate="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Designers.Libraries.Images.ImageItemDescriptionTemplate.htm"
                    DisplayResizingOptionsControl="false"
                    ShowOpenOriginalSizeCheckBox="false">
                </sf:MediaContentSelectorView>

This will select document from Sitefinity document library.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed