Order Detail Fields

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:38

Order Detail Fields

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi All,
I'm working on adding some custom fields to my ecommerce checkout process and everything on the front-end is working fine.  The values are persisted to the database so I know that part is working.  What I can't figure out is how to edit the backend order detail template so that I can view the data entered by the customer.  I tried editing the order detail/order invoice templates however those don't seem to be used by the admin interface.  Any idea where/how I would go about editing the backend order detail template?

Thanks!
Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Sitefinity service.

The backend pages are handled identically to front end pages. The difference is the backend templates aren't exposed by the built in widget template editor/creator. You can access backend template for backend widgets in the SDK which you can download here. With your template added to your project you can reference it on the widget by going to Administration > Backend Pages, finding the correct Page, and then Clicking "edit" on the widget. From there, as in the front end, you will see the "Layout Template Path" field. Insert the path to your custom template.

I hope this helps!

Greetings,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed