ASP 3.0 functionallity within SiteFinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:10

ASP 3.0 functionallity within SiteFinity?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2013 00:00

I have a client which uses SiteFinity as for their main web site.  They also have 5 other sites with lots of custom database interaction.  These 5 other sites are currently being displayed in the SiteFinity site (even though they are hosted on separate server) through iframes to make them appear to be hosted on the main site to the end user.  The Iframes have caused a host of issues that I have been tasked with resolving.  I would like to import all of this legacy functionality directly into SiteFinity and am trying to figure out the best way to do this.  This legacy applications are written in ASP 3.0 and currently hosted on IIS 5 something. I believe they could be migrated over to the SiteFinity IIS 7 server without much of a hassle.  Is there anyway to execute SiteFinity code and this old ASP 3.0 code in a SiteFinity page?  Do I have to do a complete rewrite of these applications within the SiteFinity project? 

Any in sites or direction about the best way to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Bryan,

If you are using only the system libraries of .NET 3.0, you should be able to execute your code in a Sitefinity project. However, if you have custom assemblies or custom class libraries you might need to build them for .NET 4.0

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey Victor,

Thanks for the response.  If I am able to successfully pull the asp 3.0 code directly into the sitefinity project could I also have the asp 3.0 code encapsulated by the current sitefinity template (header, footer, menu)?  Do you know of any examples showing this being done, or anything even close that? 

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Bryan,

If you use the common .NET 3.0 features you should not be having any troubles implementing your code the standard way. Unfortunately we do not have any samples on how to achieve that, but if you accomplish the task, we would be happy if you share your experience with the community.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey Victor,

After reading your latest response I just realized that we are probably not talking apples to apples.  I am asking about using classic asp 3.0 code not asp.net 3.0. 

This thread is closed