Sitefinity 5.1 : Tree View Navigation issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:33

Sitefinity 5.1 : Tree View Navigation issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi all,

I want to create a navigation menu like attached 'barilla1' file. Firstly, all pages appears collapsed.  Also must 'show the parent page in navigation'.

When I click an item on menu, If there's a child node it expanded. Like attached file 'barilla2' file. You can also see menu in this url : www.barillagroup.com/.../introductiontobarilla.html

I couldn't find a navigation like this. Can somebody show me how to do this?

Thanks in advance...

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Özkan,

In order to achieve the desired functionality you will need to make a custom Navigation template. In it you can use RadPanelBar control which implements this functionality out of the box. You can use your custom .ascx template by dropping the Navigation widget and clicking on the Edit button. Then expand the Design Settings drop down and in the Custom template path field type the relative path to your template. 

I have attached a sample template which you can use in your project and build the navigation from there. For further styling and additional functionality if the control you can take a look at the RadPanelBar's Documentation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed