Sitefinity 5.2 Search (index is being used by other process)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:44

Sitefinity 5.2 Search (index is being used by other process)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am trying to implement search functionality for custom modules created by me as well as for sitefinity's standard modules like news and events. In other words I am crating an index that contains my modules as well as sitefinity's. 

For some reason I do not understand, I can reindex the index for the first time, however the folowing times I get the error on the attached "sitefinity" picture. I based my code for the custom module pipe on the following example http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/sitefinity-5-1---adding-search-scope-for-custom-module . I also extended the search box and search results controls.

The following times I try to reindex I get the error on the "sitefinity2" picture, and if I go to the folder on the path in the picture there is no folder for my index.

I think that for some reason when I had sitefinity standard modules to the index they try to use the same pipe has my own modules, and since they are already being used I get this error. Is this correct? Can someone point me a way to eliminate this problem? Thank you very much.

Regards,

Pedro

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi,

As you have correctly mentioned this type of error is most likely due to the modification to the index pipes. A common reason is if the lucene index is not closed. You need to debug your pipe and make sure no error is thrown during the execution of the reindex. Also, check the error logs in App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder.

When each module is indexed, a new instance of the pipe is created.

So, please, check your pipe for errors as well as the error logs.

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed