how to make group page NOT a hyperlink in dropdown menu

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:50

how to make group page NOT a hyperlink in dropdown menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2013 00:00

I am using a horizontal dropdown menu in which the top level item is a Group page. By default, the Group page links to its first child. Instead, I would like the Group page to not link anywhere at all. Is this possible?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Jenn,

Click on the Navigation widget's Edit button and make sure that Group pages redirect to the first subpage is not checked and save - refer to this image. This should disable redirection for the group page in your menu.

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2013 00:00

Hmm, see attached screenshot, that checkbox does not appear for me. I'm using Sitefinity 4.4

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Jenn,

You have been given and answer in a support ticket. I will paste the response here for your reference:

You can use a redirect page instead of a group page. In order to do that click on your Group page and in the Title & properties editor choose This page redirects to another page and click on Set page to redirect to button. Select Web Address radio button and in the URL field type ~/#. Now this Redirect page will redirect to 'nowhere' and you can use it as a group page. I have recorded a short video for your convenience.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team 

Please let us know if the provided solution works for you.

All the best,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed