Integrating Aptify AMS and LMS into Sitefintiy website

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:22

Integrating Aptify AMS and LMS into Sitefintiy website

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi. Anyone currently working with Aptify AMS and Sitefinity? We are working on creating a new website with Sitefinity but will have to work within Aptify web controls to make specific areas of the website serve up content. I'd like to not have to use the Aptify shopping cart function and use Sitefinity's ecommerce function but don't know enough yet to make that decision. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Jamie,

I haven't seen a lot of questions or posts on integration with Aptify AMS and Sitefinity yet.  You can read about the Sitefinity Ecommerce API documentation here. Also, I found a case study by OakTree Digital, a Sitefinity partner that used Sitefinity and Aptify E-business solutions. Perhaps they can assist you or other community members can comment.

All the best,
Teresa
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

We are moving to Sitefinity and use Aptify 5.5 now. Our approach is to use aptify ebusiness controls for ecommerce so that we do not have to build some kind of data mirroring package to sync data between Aptify and SF. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Jamie,

As Quan points out in his post, the Aptify e-Business solution interacts with the Aptify AMS directly and you can embed the e-Business controls into Sitefinity pages. We also provide a standard user/role integration between e-Business web users and Sitefinity users.

We do not currently have an integration with the Sitefinity eCommerce functionality that you could use in place of the e-Business shopping cart. I think you have to weigh the pros and cons of building that integration against using what we already provide.

I think the best place to start is to reach out to your Aptify contact and have an in-depth discussion to get a better understanding of what's currently available and how to best design your integration to meet your requirements.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Andrew Crispino

Manager, Business Applications at Aptify

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Thanks for the responses. We are in heavy development mode now and are using the Aptify controls due to timing and costs. However, we are experiencing some huge hurdles with usability/functionality of how the controls are set up, not to mention the product page urls are not set up to be SEO friendly on the aptify ebiz side.

Quan- how are things going on your end? 

This thread is closed