Getting the Filter applied to a widget progamatically

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:32

Getting the Filter applied to a widget progamatically

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2013 00:00

I used the custom module builder to make a set of parent and child objects (Departments -> Staff).  I have a custom department widget that has a list of staff that belong to that department. We are using categories as filters and I need to be able to get the category filter applied to the department list on the page manager when I am getting a list of staff that belong to that department and have the same category as the filter applied to the widget.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2013 00:00

Anyone have any thoughts

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

I'm not clear on exactly what behavior you are trying to achieve. Could you provide some screen shots of what you have now and a detailed descrition of the behavior you desire?

Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

here is a link to the design preview I am working towards Staff Detail Page

there will be several pages with the setup in the site, each needing a different set of Staff or departments depending on the categories applied to the departments and staff

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

Let me see if I have this correct. You have a department widget on a page that lists the departments filtered by category. The user clicks on a department and then sees a list of staff that is also filtered by the same category. Is that correct? In that case your widget can read the URL and use the piece that contains the filter info.

Please let me know if that is what you are after.

All the best,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

The main department list has a sublist on the same screen that lists the staff that belong to those departments and the same categories as set in the original filter. They click on the staff name to go to a separate page for the staff details.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

Can you please open a support ticket so we can request some proprietary information from you?

Thank you.

All the best,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

Ticket is #654739.

At the moment I have a work around that will work for my purposes, but it feels a bit "dirty/hacky" to me.

This thread is closed