Lucene.Net Spatial

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:52

Lucene.Net Spatial

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

We're currently taking advantage of the built-in Lucene search engine in Sitefinity 5.3 for text searches on custom modules.  I'd like to extend it to use Lucene.Net Spatial to handle radius searches based on lat/lngs.  Has anyone attempted this?  What techniques are devs using for location radius searches?  We've implemented it at the SQL Server level in the past with stored procs, but I'm hoping to leverage the high performance of Lucene.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi,

As far as I examined spatial search is based on coordianates comming from a source(database table or something else with the available information) and this being passed to lucene. To integrate this in sitefinity search and perform spatial searches the spatial data have to be integrated with sitefinity search. This is done by creating a custom search pipe that will query the datasource with spatial information and return search results.
Here is a blog post with a sample how to create custom search pipes and register them in sitefintiy.
and the related documentation about sitefinity publishing pipes. Creating new search pipe will appear as search index option in Administration->Search.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed