In Personalization:------Preview tool to view the website fr

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:00

In Personalization:------Preview tool to view the website from different user perspectives(user segment) is not working in Sitefinity 5.3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi

i have created the user segments and then personalize the  pages according to the created user segment.i want to use the preview tool to view the website from different user perspectives, but preview tool always showing the unpersonalized page i.e the main page . also if i will change the usersegment from the drop down in preview tool, still it is showing the main page content not the personalized content. So what can i do for this. how can i visualize the personalized page in preview tool. please suggest.

Currently i am referring the documentation from the below URL

www.sitefinity.com/.../personalize-a-page

from the abobe url, in point 5 mentioned as

"After you have personalized your page, perform procedure Setting the status of a new page or content item."

i am confused how to set the status of the personalized page.

please suggest soon...

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Saroj,

I saw in your account that your trial license is Professional Trial License. Please note that in Sitefinity Professional edition the Content Personalization module in not available out of the box. It will be available with purchase of the add-on. For your convenience please review our Full Feature List. This is the reason why you are not able to use the module.

However our trial licenses includes every add-on, so you should be able to use the Content Personalization module.

Please make sure that you have followed the instructions in our Sitefinity documentation:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/personalize-a-page
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/personalization-of-the-website-content

"After you have personalized your page, perform procedure Setting the status of a new page or content item." means that you should save the page as draft, publish it or send it for approval or use the other options in More options described in thin article Setting the status of a new page or content item.

Please review the video I have recorded. It might be useful.

To use the personalization preview tool, please review the following publication.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed