Editing Custom Modules

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:55

Editing Custom Modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2013 00:00

I have created a custom module with a drop down field menu that works great until I need to edit the content within the drop down. While Sitefinity gives me the option to delete it it doesn't allow me to edit it. Is there a way around this so I can update the drop down field?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Jesse,

You are able to edit the content on your custom dropdown field by following the steps below:
1. Open your Sitefintiy backend
2. Go to Administration -> Module Builder
3. Open your module
4. Click the name of the module under

This module contains...

5. In the Fields of this item section find your field and click it.
6. The you will have the ability to change the content of the field.

For your convenience I have recorded a sample video demonstration.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

Unfortunately the field name isn't clickable to edit. I assume this is a permissions issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Jesse,

Could you please tell us what is the Sitefinity version that you are using? If it is Sitefinity 5.3 I would suggest you to open a support ticket about that problem and provide us with login credentials and a link to your web site. There should not be a permissions problem.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Its version 5.2

Unfortunately you won't be able to log into the system because its behind a firewall and accessible on our internal network only.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Jesse,

This functionality is not available in Sitefinity 5.2. If you upgrade your project to Sitefintiy 5.3/5.4 you will have the ability to access the existing fields.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed