Force Update of Custom Module Dropdown options from DynamicM

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:15

Force Update of Custom Module Dropdown options from DynamicModulesConfig.xml

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

I'm building a custom module for job listings. One of the fields will be location, which will be a dropdown that the client can use to select one of 100+ different locations.

I noticed that these locations, when I manually add them, create nodes in DynamicModuleConfig.xml with text and value attributes. My hope was that I could create the xml nodes and paste them into that file, which would be easier than manually creating 100+ options.

The problem is, when I add my nodes nothing happens. I restart IIS, still nothing. If I go into the backend and edit the custom module again, I get my old options (the ones I created through the interface). Publishing wipes out my changes in the xml files.

Is there a way to force Sitefinity to read that xml file and recreate the options? Is there a different way to bulk add these options with creating them one by one in the backend?

Have you tried making a small change to the web.config file and saving

Thanks for the idea. Tried that too, no changes.

Probably the options are also stored in database? I'm not sure...

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

The choice options have to be added from the backend because as the DynamicMOdulesConfig.config file is generated with the choices database table to store the choices is created at the same time to store the choice selections for each item in the module and after this the config is read without updating the table with choices.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed