Filter Custom Module Collection By URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:09

Filter Custom Module Collection By URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

This has to be an easy one...what am I doing wrong?

I have a custom module, that I want to filter by the URL

example URL:  www.somesite.com/.../FilterString

I have a usercontrol that loads on the page, I grab the filterstring from the URL:

var myPartner = string.Empty;
var param = Request.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["params"] as string[];
myPartner = (string)param[0];

Now I want to pull my "Partners" which is my custom module and filter by the filter string above.

This is my query:

var PartnersCollection = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(partnerType).Where(p => p.Status == Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && p.UrlName == myPartner && p.GetValue<bool>("Active") == true);

If I pull out "p.UrlName == myPartner" the query works fine and pulls all Partners.  I just want to filter by the auto generated URL that was created when the Partner was created.

I tried these already:

p.UrlName == myPartner 

p.SystemUrl == myPartner

p.Urls[0].Url == myPartner

The first one pulls 0 records and the last 2 cause errors.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Coty

Hey Coty,

I always use this code to get the item from the url:

var urlParameterString = System.Web.UI.ControlExtensions.GetUrlParameterString(this, true).Substring(1);
if (urlParameterString == "undefined")
   return;

// Get the Lawyer item
var dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager();
var lawyerType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Lawyers.Lawyer");
var lawyer = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(lawyerType).FirstOrDefault(x => x.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && x.UrlName == urlParameterString);

Kind regards,
Daniel

Thanks for the response.

I copied your code and I'm still returning Null.  Its the UrlName Property that is making it not work. If I go to Content > Partners (that is my custom module) and look at the URL at the bottom it matches the variable I am passing in so I am not sure why it's not working.

Anyone know of any reason the UrlName query above wouldn't return results?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2013 00:00

Hey there, I figured out my issue.  Actually both our code snippets work above.  I am going to add .FirrstOrDefault() to mine though since I am just pulling one item.

This was my final query:

DynamicContent partner = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(partnerType).Where(p => p.Status == Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && p.UrlName == myPartner && p.GetValue<bool>("Active") == true).FirstOrDefault();

My issue ended up being a carriage return was attached to my variable so it wasn't matching anything.  Thanks for your help!

Coty

This thread is closed