Breadcrumb & detail items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:11

Breadcrumb & detail items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Okay so we have our breadcrumb set to show dynamic items...so this works great when we have a master list then click to auto-generate a new page.

Problem though, is it's triggering as well if I put the widget onto a page, and pick a specific item (so renders in detail mode)...the breadcrumb then puts that item into the list....where it only should if there's an actual routed page.

Is there a workaround, can this be marked a bug?

**Also**
It's a bit of an assumption that because I choose to show ONE item I want it to render in detail mode...here at the university we'd MUCH rather them render in master mode.  Right now the way it works is what's causing the problem above, and it's also causing us to need to maintain TWO templates...the standard master list, and a detail version which just renders out like the master one.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Steve,

The behaviour that you are encountering is indeed interesting, as it seems that the breadcrumb widget does not take into account the item that is being browsed, when moving from master to details view, in order to display the proper url. However please note that this scenario is pretty specific as the logic of the widget is to have one details view item per page, rather than having multiple items in details view on a single page.

However, the behaviour that is discussed seems to be a bug in the breadcrumb widget, which I have logged for fixing. I have also updated your Telerik points.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

"the logic of the widget is to have one details view item per page"

I  could not agree more, however to users here they want to show items in a list that aren't tagged or categorized together...so they want to just pick single items, so 1 item per widget (multiple widgets)...

I would like the "pick a single item" moved into both the list tab and single tab, OR a "viewmode" option when you pick the single item.

To the users, picking single isn't showing 1 item in detail, it's the list view filtered to 1 item.

This thread is closed