Adding service reference pops up authentication

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:12

Adding service reference pops up authentication

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi there,

I'm trying to look into accessing the Sitefinity API via services and started by creating a simple WPF app and attempting to add a service reference to the PageService. But, whenever I attempt to do that it asks me to authenticate and the credentials I provide don't work.

What is being authenticated?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

having the same issue...added my project to IIS...tried to connect to a service and got this in a popup. Can't seem to put anything in it for it to bypass the popups 

"The Service 'localhost/.../users.svc' at localhost/.../ requires a username and password"

"The Service 'localhost/.../$metadata' at localhost/.../ requires a username and password."

obviously, I am missing something, not sure what.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2013 00:00

I have the same issue with SF v5.4.

Had anyone got an answer for this?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

apparently you have to manual call the wcf services and authenticate instead of adding them via service reference. I have actually found these to be a pain, cryptic, and unneeded. Instead, I fell back on the approach of using the fluent API since there wasn't a way to upload documents via the restful services.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello guys,

You can check out this post which discusses using claims based authenticationin calling your web services.

Greetings,
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed