Custom User Properties

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:30

Custom User Properties

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Possibly a basic question but which table are the custom user page properties stored?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Custom profile fields?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

I am very new to SF and have been passed a product to which I need to create a custom login control that redirects users once logged in to a landing URL, which is a custom property on the user page settings within the admin setup, I need to figure out how to get access to this custom property.

I think I have found it now in the sf_sitefinity_profile table.

You really don't ever want to start touching the tables directly, always use the API.

In this case, there's a logged in event you could handle perhaps, this is in Global.asax

protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
    Bootstrapper.Initialized += new EventHandler<Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs>(Bootstrapper_Initialized);

protected void Bootstrapper_Initialized(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs e)
    if (e.CommandName == "Bootstrapped")

EventHub.Subscribe<ILoginCompletedEvent>(new SitefinityEventHandler<ILoginCompletedEvent>(OnLogin_Completed));

So to get a custom field from a profile you just need to use this extension: .GetValue("yourCustomField"); (make sure to do a user on Telerik.Sitefinity and Telerik.Sitefinity.Model)

So like "var data = profile.GetValue(fieldName); "

Thanks, 

I was not going to query the dbf directly just wanted to see how the admin panel was wired up-to the database so I could work out how to get the data I need.

This thread is closed