2 datepickers in control designer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:33

2 datepickers in control designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

I've created a control designer according to this blog post www.sitefinity.com/.../creating_advanced_sitefinity_4_widget_control_designers 

It works fine until I added 2 RadDatePicker controls. When there are 2 datepicker controls on the widget designer and their ClientIDMode is set to Static they don't work. If you click either one, the date is set only in the last datepicker. If you set their ClientIDMode to AutoID all works fine.

I'm using version 5.3.3900.0

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

We are familiar with this issue (there are several threads about this in the forums), however this behavior is expected. Microsoft recommends using ClientIDMode=Static only for static control. RadControls on the other hand are controls with complex hierarchies of child controls and templates so setting their ClientID mode to static will break their functionality. Please set the ClientIDMode for the RadDatePickers to "Auto" and verify of this works for you.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

This works indeed. It would have been nice to have been warned for this issue on the blog post.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

We totally agree with you. I have changed the blog post and added this warning in it. For your convenience you could review the following URL.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Stefani,

Thanks for the consideration and the update.

This thread is closed